Key Forensic Services Environmental & Energy Policy Statement
Key Forensic Services Ltd (KFS) is committed to minimising our carbon footprint and our impact on the environment. Where we can not eliminate our environmental impacts, we will endeavour to reduce them so far as is reasonably practical. This will be done with an appropriate scale relative to the nature of the KFS energy use and consumption.
Key Forensic Services scope, boundaries, and environmental statement of general policy is to;
- Establish, document, implement, maintain and improve an environmental management system compliant with the ISO50001:2011 standard and all relevant environmental legislation.
- Improve environmental performance so far as is reasonably practical and strive towards sustainable development within the organisation.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making, activities and purchase of products and services.
- Maintain an up to date organisational aspect and impacts register.
- Consider environmental standards in the selection of suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to contractors, customers, stakeholders and the public and encourage them to support it.
- Clearly identify roles and responsibilities within the organisation.
- Provide information, instruction and training to educate and inform our employees about KFS environmental aspects and environmental impacts, and compliance to our set standards.
- Prevent incidents that may have an environmental impact and where significant environmental hazard exists, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and response programmes.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place for any environmental risks arising from our work activities.
- Reduce, minimise or render harmless any emissions into the atmosphere.
- Minimise waste through re-use and recycling. Purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of.
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance. Minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
- This policy applies to all KFS sites, processes, and activities.